Monday, September 29, 2008

TALK2ME: roll call bailout vote, 1929 stock market crash

digg 1: I WONDER: Homecoming hairstyles online
digg 2: McCain: Instead of emergency room, go to Wal-Mart

Today, of course, everyone is talking about the economy, so TALK2ME: What happened this morning in the United States House of Representatives? How did my congressman vote in the roll call bailout vote, and why? Will we experience another 1929 stock market crash-type event? Here's what I think: we do have to do something, but Paulson and Bush are unwilling to even consider any alternatives to the toxic bill that, ironically, brought progressive Democrats and fiscally conservative Republicans together to send a message. That message is this: Do not rush through a bill that few have had time to read, let alone digest. And do not put more taxpayer dollars into the hands of those who got us into this mess. There are numerous alternative plans being floated by numerous economic experts, many of whom in my opinion are smarter than Paulson and Bush put together. OK, I know that is not saying much, but there it is.

To see one of my favorite alternatives, try this: http://www.sanders.senate.gov/news/record.cfm?id=303317

Talk to me! What do you think?

No comments: