Monday, September 22, 2008

I DIDN'T KNOW: ephelides, mabon

digg 1: Our WWWorld Blog
digg 2: WSJ.com - Lawmakers Battle Over Rescue Plan

I didn't know that there are two types of freckles. The first is ephelides, the light-colored kind that come and go with sun exposure. Now that the autumnal equinox is upon us, those who get those summer freckles should notice fewer of them soon. Lentigines, the second type, don't fade in the winter and are usually isolated spots.

I also did not know that mabon is what pagans call the beginning of the fall season. It seems everyone has a way of celebrating fall. For Jews it is rosh hashanah and of course here in my country almost everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. How do you celebrate the turning of the seasons from summer to winter? I would love to hear from you.

No comments: