Monday, October 27, 2008

Financial Times endorses Obama

This just in: to follow up my post about taxes, the Financial Times, the British equivalent to the Wall Street Journal, has endorsed Barack Obama for president. The piece makes for a very balanced view, useful to hear from an outsider's perspective. It is well worth a couple of minutes of your time.

UDATE: Today (October 31) The Economist, the weekly news and international affairs paper, has also endorsed Obama. Read it here. (Full disclosure: The publication belongs to The Economist Group, half of which is owned by the Financial Times.)

Neither a conservative nor liberal publication, The Economist has in the past endorsed Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher and Bill Clinton.

"The Economist does not have a vote, but if it did, it would cast it for Mr Obama. We do so wholeheartedly: the Democratic candidate has clearly shown that he offers the better chance of restoring America’s self-confidence."

1 comment:

John Powers said...

Opps, I can't find a good post to tell you: I tagged you. Only play if you want to. The main thing was I wanted to link to your blog. My general reaction to these tagging games is rather like my reaction to chain letters. You may feel the same way. But I went ahead anyway, linking to the OurWorld bloggers because it was a way to link to ya'll. Hope you don't hate me for it.